Monday, February 09, 2009

EXP (noodle/pizza), a M.A.X. Concept restaurant, Taikooshing, Hong Kong

M.A.X. Concept has been expanding its outlets in a gradually diverse way. Overall M.A.X. Concept outlets are doing quite well in terms of price, environment, services and quality. The first one I tried might be the Noodle Plus above the Hong Kong Airport Express terminal in 1998. It might be also the time Fusion food got bred up. So tonight I went with my sister and her kid - 2 adults and 1 kid tried 2 pizzas, one cold soba, one salad, one pasta, one dessert and 2 drinks. It's supposed for 4 adults and 1 kid but we could finish them all. I really enjoyed the meal especially after our 3 hour play at the Fun Land winning the Super Jackpot.

1. Prawn on Pomelo Salad (HK$38) - Apparently it's a Thai salad. The dressing is very nice and a bit spicy but not much. The prawn is very fresh and I like the green. 2. Prawn with mango/grapefruit over wheat cold soba (HK$56). My nephew Jason took 1/2 of it. So you know how good it is. Yes, the soba sauce is awesome!

3. Go Mango (Hk$25) - Mango, apple juice blended together. Quite a nice quenching juice. 4. Berries merry - 3 berries, strawberry, blue berry and cranberry with apple juice. I found it a bit too sweet and I believe it might have been put with some syrup. 4. Seafood on spinach linguine(Hk$70) - Very nice match and taste too. The seafood (sea bass, cuttle fish, prawn and mussel) is very fresh.
5. Pepperoni Pizza/6. Parma Ham Pizza - both pizzas are really nice. The cheese is not too much and makes it less rich and not upsetting your stomach much. Highly recommended. It's about HK$70 for one and I think it's even better than Pizza Hut or Spaghetti House.

7. Jason's favourites - the 3 mini sweet pudding with coconut ice cream (HK$26). From the left, it's citrus pudding, taro pudding and coffee pudding. The 3 of them are really nice! 8. This MAX Concept outlet is called EXP, and it's just by the ice skating arena in City Plaza phase II, Tai Koo Shing.

3 comments:

Stella said...

Item 7 is also my favorite. I like all coconut related dessert although it is not good for me(high cholesterol).

Anonymous said...

It seems very big dishes. You must be very hungry. 2 adults and 1 kid to eat all these.

in the sea said...

Yes, very hungry... I didn't even know I could eat that much, so was Jason. He seldom eats but last night he took 4 slices of pizza, half plate of cold soba and almost half plate of pasta.