Wednesday, February 04, 2009

My shred pork fried noodle, 肉絲炒麵

Think I haven't tried this Cantonese style fried noodle for about 15 years. I came across this raw noodle (生麵) by 壽桃牌 (Shou Tao). So I pan fried the noodle in a round pizza-like until it's crispy enough. Then I marinated some shred pork with soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, white pepper powder, sealed with some cornstarch and then oil. So stir fried it to a bit brown. I also cut the cabbage in thin slices. Then cook it with very small amount of oyster sauce/sugar and put some water in it and then with the pork back. So no need to thicken it as the pork has some cornstarch already. Then let it thicken a bit (for about 30 seconds to 1 minute). Then put some sesame oil and pour it onto the noodle. Originally it should be with bean sprout(銀芽)and "yellow" young chive(韮王). Or you can put some mushroom, and carrot. Any topping is fine as the essence of this Cantonese style fried noodle is the noodle being crispy enough.

6 comments:

Stella said...

Sau Tao Brand is very popular here.
This is also the exact brand I eat most of the Saturday nighta(if we stay home). The noodle tastes so good after I added some shrimp won ton into it.

in the sea said...

Yes, it's quite a good brand and the quality is good too, considering it's an instant noodle.

Anonymous said...

SS u eat instant noodle at home?

/TC

Stella said...

Yes once in a while. "Sau Tao Pai" is good instant noodle as there is no wax and not high in sodium, also no cholesterol. So it is a better evil. It is even healthier than Japanese Ramen.

in the sea said...

Yes, correct. It's not deep fried before. The noodle texture is pretty good. For this stir fried one, it doesn't have the sauce pack. So I can control whatever I wanna put and have a lighter taste.

Anonymous said...

ok, then In-the-sea pls buy me a sample pack for approval la; if it is really no wax not high in sodium and no cholesterol then SS can continue the instant noodles, otherwise ...

/TC