Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Jimmy arrived at Hong Kong in May 2006

Jimmy, a baby bear sent from a school kid in New Jersey, a niece of my friend in L.A. The kid was on a school project named Geobear (Geography Bear), and was asked to send the bear to a friend in another city. Wherever the bear reaches, the recipient will send a note back to the kid's class reporting "hey I am in Hong Kong, Bangkok...etc.". I was asked to name the bear. The first time I saw it, I just came up with Jimmy. That's how Jimmy has been with me to all different places, travelling more than 10 thousand miles to mainly Europe and Asia. Behind Jimmy, it is called Champion, given by my nephew Jason. Jason was so thoughtful: "uncle, you are by yourself in this apt., I hope Champion can be your mate so that you would no longer be lonely.". Thank you Jason! I wouldn't feel lonely anyway because if I step back and look up in the sky, there are lots of undiscovered things and star people, how would I feel lonely? Thank our Creator for making such a colorful Universe.

4 comments:

Stella said...

What a cute Jimmy and what a good story behind Jimmy's travel around the world. Jimmy you are lucky. Jason you are so sweet and thoughtful.

in the sea said...

Ongoing is that Jason gave me his loved one Donald to go travel with Jimmy. However, later on Jason requested to me "uncle, can I take back Donald because I wanna replace Donald?".

Stella said...

Jason is a smart and lovely kid.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely story. You've got good bears!!