Saturday, August 02, 2008

Le Bayan, part II, Bangkok






So after our guessing game on the pressed duck, here are the other dishes we had in Le Banyan:

1. Duck Consomme with truffle ravioli: highly recommended! This soup is what I looked for. Not salty and just in a perfect original taste of the duck.
2. condiments with fish soup
3. Fish soup: it's a bit different from what I had in Cannes. This one is more salty and the texture is with some other veggie. Those I tried in Cannes is with the blended crayfish and herb. The condiments are just tiny toast with some cheeze pattie.
4. inside Le Banyan
5. Rum Orange
6. Apple Tart
7. Profiterate (not sure the exact spelling): it's like a puff with cream custard inside and topped with chocolate sauce. This one really surprised me as they put fruit sorbet inside and it really made the whole dessert so refresh, especially after such a tasty heavy meal.

7 comments:

Thailand Club said...

for (3) fish soup the condiments r more than toasted bread, they also incl. a grilled tiger prawn, US scallop and a portion of ratatouille

Stella said...

Ratatouille? Oh, I loved this movie so I watched it twice, one in BKK and one in LA.

in the sea said...

Nope, I mean the fish soup's condiments I tried in Cannes is just with some toast. However, I don't like the way they grilled the scallop, actually it should be "burning" with gas heater. Somehow I don't appreciate ratatouille, regardless how good it is.

Thailand Club said...

u like ratatouille or u like the mouse Stella? u can cook this at home, actually it is a simple dish with simple ingredients but difficult to make it good

Anonymous said...

So it's not just the duck. There are also other nice food. I wanna try the duck soup. They look quite expensive.

Man

in the sea said...

Then you can just choose the duck consomme and one more main course. As long as you don't order wine, the bill should be fine. :)

Thailand Club said...

the duck consomme was under THB300, not that expensive