Sunday, August 17, 2008

Royal Jordanian Air (HKG-BKK)


I was told that Jordan Air is quite nice. So finally because of the CX airfare for summer time is extra high, I chose to fly Jordan Air (3 times cheaper than CX's). Though they don't have a seat-back TV, it's still quite enjoyable that they have a LCD TV on every other rows, showing some Hollywood movie. Then the meal reminds me of the good old time. First, they have a separate salad dressing, some soft cheese with cracker, and a small bag with salt, pepper, wet napkin, tooth pick, sugar, creamer...etc. By the way, their main course beef noodle is quite nice though a bit dry, at inflight meal standard. I seldom try inflight meal dessert but this one pineapple crumble on sponge cake is surprising to me and I took it all. It made me feel like the first time I took the Northwest Airlines to Honolulu. Now CX and other airlines often claim to go simple. Yes, simple with no pillow and blanket (unless you ask). Simple with no tooth pick and separate salad dressing....etc. It's simply a cost saving actually. So it's quite an enjoyable ride for me. Sometimes it's good to try other airlines.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The blogger is going to Bangkok again to do the food hunting.

in the sea said...

Food hunting is a side job this time. Business meetings are the main thing I am having here 2 days later. Some big job too... quite heavy for our industry. :)

Stella said...

RJA is really a bargain with only 1/3 of CX price and yet with a not-so-simple decent meal.
CX price from LA to BKK is not set for Dec yet. Minimum is $1500 US plus tax and it is all booked already. But I was told it gets full so fast in Dec is because they reduced some flights from LAX to BKK.
P.S. I was also told no more Haggen Daz ice cream.

in the sea said...

Wow.... I still remember CX used to have the US$600-800 fare to HK and with another $200-300 there will be an air pass for visiting 3-4 other Asian countries....etc. Haggen Daz - forget about it. Good to have an excuse to keep fit.