Monday, June 08, 2009

Sounds like Sizzler, sounds like fun

Back in the mid 90's, I used to watch a very lively and tempting commercial with scampi [a new American term for shrimp (usually meaning unshelled shrimp) I ever learned] bouncing on a sizzling hot plate and there went the slogan "sounds like Sizzler, sounds like fun". Whenever I passed by this Sizzler in Thailand, this slogan rang up again in my brain. Lots of American restaurants I often think of - IHOP(International House of Pancake), Denny's, Carl's Jr., Panda Express....etc.

1. The Thai version Iced Tea is of course sweeter than any other iced tea I have tried. 2. Beef fillet and pork loin with wild rice. I remember my friend used to have a very wild face for ordering wild rice. The meal is just average but I don't mind going to Sizzler as it offers a nice salad bar.

1 comment:

Stella said...

Sizzler seems to have good business in BKK but not in LA any more. Don't know why.