Sunday, March 22, 2009

Momo Cafe, Courtyard by Marriott, Hong Kong

Courtyard by Marriott is located in the Western District of Hong Kong Island. So this afternoon I tried their tea buffet from 1pm to 5pm. It's HK$128 and the food is pretty nice.

1/2 Due to its location, the Cafe is not crowded and maybe around 8-10 tables out of 50 tables were occupied.
3/4. The tea buffet offered some nice unlimited drinks. The left one is a lime, kiwi with coconut drink and you can put some aloe vera and orange cubes in it to make it more refreshing. The right one is an orange frizzy drink - quite nice too.
5. the Tuna melt on the left top is quite nice. The chicken pie on the top is awesome! Besides, the food is not that salty. I really like it as I can taste the original taste of the food instead of food with overwhelming sauce and seasoning. 6. the beef burger is really good. They used some very nice ground beef! The pickle is also very nice. The salad is nicely dressed!

7. It's really my preference of taste for this Japanese soba. The soba sauce is not that salty. So I can taste the green tea taste of the soba. 8. The ice coffee is quite aromatic.


9. Again everything on the plate is good and above average! 10. Usually congee in buffet can't be good due to its constant warm heating.

11. Stir fried sticky rice - quite surprisingly good to me! 12. I am also surprised they use some very nice chicken/pork broth as the base for this top 10 street snack "mini-bowl fins". Highly recommended!
13. fresh fruit pancake - must try too! 14. Cheese cake is nice and so for all the others!

15. What more can I say - herbal jelly - my favourite. I am even surprised with the honey syrup on the side for your preference. I don't like creme brulee much but this one is quite unexpectedly good. The custard base is not sweet and just the burnt brown sugar making it sweet. I really like the mixing of this. So you can taste the custard original taste! 16. My favourite too! The syrup is ginger syrup. Excellent!

17. Open kitchen of Momo Cafe. 18. the juice bar offering the 2 special drinks.

19. the buffet tables. 20. the Entrance

21. Another side of the Entrance

2 comments:

Stella said...

This looks good and not as expensive as I thought for Marriott Hotel quality.

in the sea said...

I guess I am going to introduce this one to my sisters' families on certain occasions.