Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong




Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong has meant so much to me, especially their old coffee shop offering an awesome Lobster Bisque, back in the 80's and early 90's. I still recalled that friendly old uncle waiter who gave me a lot of bread to go with the lobster bisque. He often told me not to order main course as the portion of their lobster bisque is good enough for 2 persons. He was such a nice uncle and I sometimes thought what if he would be my grand father. A spoiled grown up kid (in the eyes of the older) just didn't listen to what he said and kept on asking for food food food... Their lobster/chicken salad with mango chutney is still in my loving memory. I also used to round up my meal with their New York Cheese cake and it is still the best. The new coffee shop doesn't have the same things I used to have. Really missed it a lot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those good old days. Sometimes old things, songs, foods, friends are better than the new ones.
From,
SS