Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Simply Thai, Times Square, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

This one is another MAX Concept restaurant and it's quite a good one. Besides, I seldom try Thai food in Hong Kong as I would leave it for my visits in Bangkok.




1. Green Curry Chicken HK$72 - personally I don't like curry much but this one is quite nice but the restaurant shouldn't use the frozen chicken thigh those those thighs have a better meat texture, considering it's HK$72. 2. stir fried asparagus/mixed mushroom with salty fish HK$62. Quite a good one and the portion is quite big.

3. Fried rice with seafood and pineapple HK$78. This is what we called seafood - shrimp, scallop, fish, cuttle fish. At least it should have 3-4 varieties, unlike the coffee shop of Sofitel Wanda Beijing - only one shrimp means seafood. 4. Tom Yam Krung - it's not very Thai taste but the prawn is very fresh. It should have had more lemon grass, Kaffir leave and Galangal.


5. Pomelo salad with grilled prawn HK$62. Quite a nice mix and taste but a bit spicy to me. 6. The shop has its own made ice cream; so I tried this rum raisin and ginger ice cream. Very nice! Rum rasin is one of my top 5 favourite ice cream but it's quite difficult to get a good one. This shop did impress me. Ginger ice cream is also very nice as it has a strong aroma of ginger.



7. Banana pudding with crispy honey ice cream. When I noticed this "crispy honey" in ice cream, how could it be? It turned out the whole dessert is so good, except it's not a banana pudding. It'd be a banana muffin. The muffin was warm. In order not to have the ice cream on the top melted, the Chef put a biscuit in between. The vanilla sauce is also very nice to go with the banana muffin. Must try! 8. the shop outside.


9/10. the shop inside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Banana Pudding look good. Thanks for this news. I will go to try it.

Anonymous said...

They do look good.
But I am sure this place is more expensive than those in BKK for the same quality.
From,
SS