Thursday, July 21, 2011

Baked pork chop rice 焗豬扒飯, Cafe de Coral 大家樂, Quarry Bay HK

After the Singapore stir fried vermicelli, this popular dish shouldn't be missed. I don't like much of Cafe de Coral but I have to admit that their baked pork chop rice is pretty good - tender and nicely fried pork chop (1 big piece), nice tomato sauce with onion, carrot, tomato and pineapple making it very aromatic with the fried rice. I had an iced red bean drink 紅豆冰. There it went a nice summer fast food meal.

6 comments:

Stella said...

Wow this one still exists. It has been there since I was in HK so almost 40 years.
The one at HK Airport is also very crowed. But I have no time for this since "Wong Fu" or "Jen Dull" is more tasty.

Mickey Mouse said...

baked pork chop rice 焗豬扒飯 a simple dish is the best meal

in the sea said...

I would suggest you try the others at the HK Airport during transit. :)

Stella said...

The area for my transit always falls into the section where Jen Dull, Dai Ka Lock, Ajasen Ramen, Kee Wai and Yau G Leung Bun are.

poly said...

相信大家乐就只有这个锔猪排饭撑场,刚在80 年代开始感觉三家(包括美心,大快活)都不错,现在吃什么都没有味道,而且连洗手间都惨不忍睹,现在的人就只是整天羡慕有钱人而带着梦游上班,就没有多少人如阿权讲--我要做好这份工. 怎样都好,我都怀念着湾仔龙记得排餐与锔猪排饭!

in the sea said...

Poly, I agree to what you said. There are quite many dreamers. I met one last night in Ming Kee Dessert Sai Wan Ho. He even didn't speak clearly. I wish iPhone has an apps to teach the kids to speak clearly.