Sunday, July 31, 2011

My cooking - 猴頭菇冬菇鯊魚骨紅蘿白煲豬𦟌 Monkey head mushroom, shark's cartilage, carrot and pork soup

As far as I know my grand parents' generation that most of the old-time HK fishermen don't like catching sharks. Even after they catch the sharks, most of them would consume the other parts of the bodies, like boiling soup with the cartilage and even eating the meat or making fish ball with other fish meat. Anyway, originally I was to buy a chicken body (without wings and thighs) for my photo shooting test with my wireless flash. I supposed to take a photo with a wireless flash on the back to show the transparent chicken back bone with thin meat - like x-ray. Unfortunately when I am in the mode of cooking, I would immediately put all the freshly cut/rinsed well ingredients right in the boiling water. So the chicken was then put in the boiling water after cut and rinsed.
1. First boil the cartilage with some ginger and yellow wine for 1 minute and let it stay in the water. 2. Chicken and the pork. 3. Carrot. 4. soaked well mushrooms. 5. Dried tangerine peel and golden ham. 6. 黃(奇)白合蜜棗. No need to put much. Boil it for 2-3 hours. No need to put any salt as the golden ham brings some salty taste in it.






6 comments:

Thailand Club said...

wow home cooking soup returns, i want a bowl of it .. *_*

the carrot looks very organic .. hehe

Stella said...

Good inspiration of a nice home made soup.
I did not think of this soup at all.
Thanks Sea.
This soup is not cold and also not hot; very "gentleman".

in the sea said...

I don't buy organic stuff here though it's getting popular. I often buy carrots with some mud on, same same for lotus stem and potato...etc. It's because those washed ones are not good as the water (with the chorine) would make the food itself deteriorate if it's not eaten right away.
Stella, there are more than thousand recipes of Chinese soup. We have to learn more of that. :)

Stella said...

I only have a few soups taking turns.
Now add one more choice from this post.
Thanks for the "pretty man kitchen".

in the sea said...

I guess it's with some restriction of certain ingredients available over there, right?

Stella said...

Nothing to do with the ingredient.
It is the limitation of your reader and her ability and cooking skill.