Monday, April 12, 2010

Food review: Aleenta Phang Nga, Thailand

Mr. Leon (the new Chef) should have done something to improve the food quality of the overall restaurant. The waiter and waitresses already recognised my way of eating and even remember what my favourites are.

1. open faced wasabi mayo salmon sandwich. This is actually what drove me to try the French restaurant. The bread is very nice and also the nice wasabi mayo. See the nice presentation. 2. Even the Pad Thai is better, and it's quite spicy and reminds me the one I had a long time ago in soi Ari, Pathonyothin.

3. Even the fried rice is better. Very aromatic, dry separated rice but very tender and juicy. This is the fried rice technique. 4. Pad Se Er, also beyond expectation. Very nice fried, but a bit salty to me and it is quite local taste perhaps.

5. the cheese, cold cut are good. See the croissant, rye bread and bacquette. So good and the preserve is also from France (forgot that brand name - the one in red/white checkers pattern). 6. When I looked at that siu ma, I really didn't feel like taking it, but finally gotta try it. It's also beyond my expectation. At least it's with some real pork and shrimp, instead of fish patty. 7. This is something new - a side stand to make the table more spacious.

8. Egg white omelette. This one is a bit oily to me, but the bacon is pretty good. 9. Golden egg with bean sprouts. The bean sprouts were cooked slightly in some soy sauce and sesame oil.

10. Thai steamed egg. Very interesting. I didn't expect lemon grass is so good with steamed egg. I recall TC told me to use lavenda to cook egg. Let me try next time.

3 comments:

Stella said...

This is like the MO in Phuket.
Chef Leon and all the waiters/waitresses are so discerning and attentive.
The food here sure has nice presentation.
I like the Pad Thai here.
And item 10 is unique, steamed egg with lemon grass/lavender; what a creative, innovative and yet simple way of steaming the egg.

in the sea said...

SS Egg with lavender is TC's own creation. This one is only with lemon grass.

Stella said...

Oh I see.
I would like to try the steamed egg with lemon grass or lavender next time. I like lemon grass and lavender a lot. The smell is so good and relaxing.