Monday, April 19, 2010

Jade Garden, Star House, TST, Hong Kong

After the visit of the Heritage 1881, I passed by Star House and realised Jade Garden is still there on the 4th floor of Star House. Despite the previous various trying at the other Jade Garden, I really wanted to find out more.

1. Roasted pork HK$58 - this one is pretty good and at least it's a five belly one. 2. Tangy sweet and sour pork HK$78 - why tangy as it claimed on the menu. It's the sauce. They made the sauce thicker and likely with some malt sugar. It's a bit too sweet to me. This time pork is pork, not just fat and fat.

3. Mixed mushroom on veggie HK$78. Mushroom should have been stir fried a bit longer and better with some ginger slices (to take out the "wood wet" smell of mushroom). The oyster sauce should have been put a bit more sesame oil. 4. Steamed fish slices with 3 beans HK$78. 3 beans are black beans, preserved beans 麵豉 but I don't know why the remaining one is preserved olive 欖菜. Anyway, this one is pretty nice, as each one has its own characteristic. It's quite a nice creation and there is a bed of sticky rice to absorb the fish juice and the bean flavour.

5. The restaurant does still keep its original green color and the deco. 6. the entrance on the 4th floor of Star House.

6 comments:

Stella said...

I don't expect this is some place that I would know of.

in the sea said...

I guess you might have been to this restaurant when it was (and still have been) in Star House, right?

Stella said...

Oh this is my favorite Jade House. I should have been here but I don't really remember since long long time ago.
I only remember the BKK Jade House nowadays.
But I missed Star House a lot as this was my frequently visited spot.

in the sea said...

Jade House in BKK. Do you mean Crystal Jade or some restaurants with the name Jade House?

Stella said...

I mean the one we ate together in 2007, 2008, 2009 and also the one had herbal jello dessert. I think shall be Crystal Jade but the Chinese name is same as Jade House here.

in the sea said...

SS, Crystal Jade is 翡翠 and developed by a HK business man from Singapore, back to HK and to other SE Asian countries then. We visited Crystal Jade in BKK. Jade Garden 翠園 is an established restaurant under Maxim's group for at least 30 to 40 years. :)