Monday, April 05, 2010

Fraser Place Langsuan - the first and the last stay

It's my fault driven by my curiosity to try a serviced apartment run by certain management which I really don't appreciate (e.g. Ascott Sathorn and Adelphi Suites are under such certain management but different groups.). While I am writing this posting, I hear some other guests keep complaining (i.e. calling the room guests at 4am for telling them to change the room because of changing back to the original booking of a 2 bedroom suites but too bad they were split into 2 x 1 studios when the couple needs to take care of their parents.). Not a surprise. No need to complain as they won't improve for sure. When I was put to a room at a lower floor from the originally booked higher floor room, I felt like I was talking to a person from Uranus. The next day, the front desk was even very rude to say "I'm sorry. Now fully booked. Check with us again tomorrow.". Ain't it interesting that it should be their responsibility to check. So they don't want to take note for the guest.

1/2. the room itself is not too bad except there are many things to make it complicated.

3. A bit congested. 4. The swimming pool is nice on the 33rd floor but very windy during these days.

5. you can swim while watching your kids "downstairs". 6. the sauna room.

7. the jacuzzi - see it's very clean. A guest kept calling the front desk to use the jacuzzi, but seemed nobody cared for him. Not sure how long he has been and will be there. So that's why the jacuzzi looks very brand new still since it's not supposed for the use by the guests. Just a decorative thing. 8. the gym.

3 comments:

Stella said...

I hope this is not the "brand name" serviced apartment hotel that I have been to(at other locations).
The room here looks nice although kind of condensed. How much is this room?
I thought Langsuan is close to all the major Gov't related places, and also close to Wireless Road if I am not mistaken.
We stayed there once in Dec and when we were ready to go there for the countdown on New Year Eve all of a sudden it was blocked as there was a bomb that night before dinner. I still remember we had dumpling there at a place called "Scholar(John Yuen) Lau" if my memory is correct.

in the sea said...

Brand name? Actually it's not about the brand name, it's rather than on the management. The hotel facilities and rooms are good but the management isn't. Just like Langham Hotel in HK, after it changed to another management, it turned out to be something upsetting.

Langsuan is behind Wireless Road (US Embassy). Yes, that "Scholar" restaurant is there and it's very crowded; so I couldn't try it this time.

Stella said...

Thank you SEA for the confirmation.