Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Saladaeng Cafe by Jim Thompson, Thailand

This restaurant has been very consistent in its food quality. The taste may be a bit foreign but as long as their cooking skill is the point, I wouldn't mind so.

1/2. the shop.

3. Iced coffee. 4. Pad Thai. Pretty nice and the prawns are very fresh.

5. pomelo salad. Some coconut crispy bits was put to contrast the pomelo's flavour. Good combination. 6. Deep fried spring roll, prawn cake. Excellent frying. Crispy and dry. Not a touch of oil was felt. What's more. The prawn cake was put with some pork to make it very juicy inside.

7. Grilled chicken. Quite nice and juicy.

3 comments:

Stella said...

Pomelo salad is the best salad to me.
I think I have been here(if this is next to Jim Thompson store and museum).
I like Thai food catered to foreigners as that means not too spicy.

in the sea said...

This one is not the one on the original Jim Thompson house. I haven't been to the others. Should have done that and compared.

Stella said...

Yes I like the one I went(Jim Thompson House) and the food I took looks like yours here.