Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Andaman Grill, JW Marriott Mai Khao beach Phuket

Supposed to try Cucina (Italian restaurant) again (after 2 years), but it was full! Amazing at this rainy season it's full. Then check out this grill room (in Thai deco.).
1. Grill seafood platter appetizer THB960 (for 2). The crab cake is good but the shrimp is a bit too marinated.
2. Lobster Bisque (THB380). This is very salty (almost 3 times than the normal). After taking this one last night, I made a lot of dreams. Good for those who wanna see some movies during sleeping.
3. Rib eye steak, 250g (THB1,650). The steak itself is very nice but the chef ruined it by over-done. I asked for medium well, but it's over-done. Not just well-done. Didn't ask for a re-cook because I lost my confidence on the first 2.
4. Spring chicken (THB780). I am so sure it's a US farm raised chicken because it only has chicken breast. Thigh and wings are smallest like tooth picks.
5. Sauteed mushroom (THB180 as side dish). Not well rinsed. Some mud in it.
6. Apple crumble tart (THB360). Not warm enough and supposed it is served with a vanilla ice cream or rum raisin. So by now you know why Cucina was full house while this one only had 3 tables occupied, including mine.












3 comments:

Mickey Mouse said...

sigh a good restaurant and a bad one in the same hotel, i also notice there is the terrifying American-Japanese teppanyaki house - Kabuki, the only place ppl can eat stone hard and tasteless chicken meat, no need to mention the beef and pork of which in nature had more muscle ..

in the sea said...

hehe... that's why I took that photo and posted at last. I was shocked to see this restaurant. The last time I passed by this hotel, I already noticed so many people order a pizza on the pool side area. That told something already, and that's why I tried Cucina for dinner. Next time I will make an advance booking.

Anonymous said...

Again, one good and one bad restaurant to balance out.
The food price in Phuket is sure more pricey than in BKK or Pattaya.
Only "Ho" people can come here.
:)