Thursday, September 29, 2011

Typhoon day for a dim sum lunch at East Ocean restaurant Quarry Bay HK

We haven't had a typhoon no. 8 for the past 2-3 years. Today we have one. I haven't tried going for a dim sum lunch during typhoon days for so many years. Today I have one, and I bought some magazine to go with the dim sum lunch. East Ocean still keeps up its consistent good dim sum quality by choosing some fine ingredients. Their deep fried food is very nice and I can taste they use some very fine cooking oil. Many other restaurants use re-cooked oil and that makes the deep fried stuff not light in texture. Besides, check on the last photo BBQ pork pastry 叉燒酥. It's made in a very classic style - with pickled baby ginger and thousand year egg 子薑皮蛋.







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just watching the HK news now about the serious typhoon so wanted to ask if you guys ok. Also saw the boat almost hitting the "Almond Flower Village".
The scene in TV is quite a contrast to your relaxing dim sum lunch here.
So that means you guys ok and also can take an extra day off because of the typhoon. And you have another holiday on October 1 soon.
Enjoy and day off.

SS

in the sea said...

Thanks. I didn't sleep well last night actually because of the howling wind outside. My super giant neighbour created a narrow air way for the air to pass. This morning, I found out even my lamp got moved quite much. It's from some strong air current inside my living room from the ventilator of my bath room. Amazing to see how the air pressure can be that strong even inside my apt. with all the windows closed.

Stella said...

Glad to know the typhoon has dropped to 3rd degree now.
Hope you, Trainer and your families are all fine.
The news from TVB showing the Almond Flower Village and the boat is quite scary.

in the sea said...

Heng Fa Chuen is not a good place to live. That area takes the strongest wind during typhoon days. Besides, my father told it's very haunting. When it was not yet with all those housing estates, there were many spirits showing up when the fog came in from the sea at dusk. He described it as "everywhere". :)

Stella said...

So this area is also same as VIE area with so many "special friends".
Too bad I did not have direct encounter of any yet although I did "feel" something before.
There are nice and fierce special friends like human being.
My friend had experienced some good one who reminded her to go to work by pulling the alarm clock ringing and ringing even after she turned it off again and again.
I am attracted to this kind of 3rd encounter and the "Liu Tsai" story.

in the sea said...

My father and aunts have some "forbidden" places. They are Chai Wan (Heng Fa Chuen), Lei Yue Mun, Yau Tong to Kowloon Bay, Stanley, Tai Tam... Seems like quite many. :)