Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Pak Kret, the greater Bangkok, Thailand





All right, from my last trip, I was brought to Pak Kret for checking some local food. Before introducing those local food, I would like to post some photos I took. I was told Pak Kret is like a cradle for Bangkok and its rooted history can be seen over there, like the old time rickshaw!

1. pier at Nonthaburi [we took 1.5 hours from Saphan Taksin (Silom line terminal station at the river side on Sathorn)]
2. an interesting hut with pier when we almost got to Nonthaburi.
3. a residential house on the water in Pak Kret. That reminded me of my grand mother's working place in Alrich Bay, Shaukiwan (now it's a Government housing estate). Alrich Bay used to be a place for fishermen and lots of houses were built on the water like this one.
4. A view to the upper stream of Chao Phrya River from Wong Hong Seng Restaurant.
5. see how relaxing those people having their snacks and drinks from the boats.
6. shuttle boats between Pak Kret and Koh Kret - a very short distance as you can see.
7. A view to the houses from Baan Kelabok (a tea house to be introduced later).
8. Wouldn't you want an icy water at 4:30pm by the river and enjoying a warm sunshine. Look at the far (top left) - there is a white dome. That's the landmark of Koh Kret (I was at Koh Kret in March 2007 and it's such a lovely island on the River). Some of you may have watched my movie last year about this island where I bought some nice local handicraft.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't look like Bangkok. No shopping malls.

Thailand Club said...

a country with trace of dinosaur fossil, it is rich in history and culture, bangkok has more than shopping malls, it is just if those tourists wanna to explore or not

in the sea said...

Agreed! I was so glad that I was brought to take a look at those places.

Anonymous said...

It looks like Tai O. I like the photo no. 4 and 8. It shows the feeling of the bloger, hoping to get simple.

Man