Sunday, September 28, 2008

What I usually get from Bangkok


Whenever I am in Bangkok, I will buy some movies. Some locally licensed movies are just B149. I don't know how it long it will last. Actually both legal and illegal sellers lost the market to another illegal market (file download on internet). For me, I am still attached to a product type. I can touch it at least.
I will for sure keep the mini-size Zam Buk (on the right) as it is no longer in production. Zam Buk was first introduced to me as a good ointment for healing insect's bite. There was a time a girl sitting next to me vomitting from motion sickness. I then gave her some Zam Buk to take a sneeze in. That stopped her vomitting. Then later on I got a bruise on my ankle, it worked. So the miracle continued, my friend's mother was in hospital for a long time and her back was with some skin disease. The doctor tried so many things but couldn't help. So my friend used Zam Buk (as its cooling effect) to make her mother feel better. After a few day of application, her mother's back recovered! Even the hospital doctor found it amazing but of course they wouldn't officially recognise it.
Dried Banana from Emporium supermarket. fresh banana too.
My nieces and nephew like the cute cartoon plasters so much and it's just B29. On the top right is the Palm good for motion sickness. Then the CounterPain on the below is also nice - good for pain from sport.
shirt by Dapper - fabrics nice and nostalgic
shorts by 27th Friday
Moccona coffee - around B100 for 200g (2-3 times cheaper than HK price. On the right is Ohaya sugarless soybean drink 1 litre B35 (2 time cheaper)
Mango B40 - a big one and very sweet. top right is the Jack and Jill Fun O cream biscuit B8 (my nieces' favourite!). bottom left is the 50% fat free coffee mate B25. Then right bottom is the Lady Bug's cuttle fish B38 (2 times cheaper)
Right to left: Aloe Vera Gel B70 - perfect for irritated skin! Neutrogena cleaner B95 (2-3 times cheaper). Mosquito repelling mist - B90 excellent and nice fragrant too. Bergamot hair recovery lotion B49 - introduced to many people and 100% work!
top left: tylenol B10 for 10 tablets (3 times cheaper). Takeda indigestion and anti-acid pill B78 (at Save Drugs) perfect for stomach upset. Middle left: Dimenhydrinate pill for motion sickness and vomitting B12 (4 times cheaper). Middle right: Combizym: good for over eating B45 (2 times cheaper). Mybacin throat candy: excellent for sore throat and tonsilitis B10 (3 times cheaper). Actifed: anti-allergy pill B45 (3 times cheaper)!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you buy many things from Bangkok. I am interested in the Mocona coffee and it's really cheap to buy in Bangkok. Thanks for the introduction.

Anonymous said...

Those pics are just some samples, they bought in bulk amount, and lots more they didn't take pics.

/Mickey Mouse

in the sea said...

the good thing is that some of the stuff can't be found in HK. :)

Stella said...

There are so many good and cheap medicines in BKK. I like to use Zam-Buk a lot as it is versatile(heal bruise, stop vomit, repel insects, stop itchy, replace Ben Gay and Tiger Balm.......).
In fact, we started to use Zam-Buk in HK during our childhood. When I had a bump in my head and a big bruise, it was gone after one day with application of Zam-Buk. We bought it in HK(but not sure was it from Thailand or not 30 years ago).
I think Micky Mouse used that too.

Anonymous said...

If possible, please tell where to buy the Zam Buk. You sound like it's a miracle medicine.

Man

Thailand Club said...

oh Man, every drug stores in Thailand have this little miracle balm to offer, try Boots next time, i am sure they hv this on the shelf

Anonymous said...

You both must have a carpet search in Bangkok. I think you both tried so many things. If you don't tell it, I may not try it. The Thai Government Tourist Office should give you both a reward for promoting Thai food and products and travel. Thanks for sharing all of these.

Man

in the sea said...

Yes, almost in every pharmacy (better buy it from Watson's or Boots) has Zam Buk. I saw it in some Thai Grocery store in Wanchai. Man, I think you should know that street 石水渠街 opposite to the MTR station on Johnston Road side. Yes, our research has been through many trials.

Anonymous said...

Good introduction.

Tim

Anonymous said...

I think I will only buy it from Boots or Watsons. Thanks both for telling me.

Man