Monday, September 22, 2008

Tai O part 2


1. pier for the boat to Dolphin sighting
2. Madam selling the purple flower tea

3. Tai O Cultural Museum - in it I saw so many things of my grand mom.
4. see how the old time fishermen wore and some of them still wear it

5. look - the box for wedding.
6. wedding costume

7. rickshaw for picking up the bride
8. fishing hooks on net

9. an old time scale
10. don't you remember how hard your mother washed your clothes? I often got puzzled how come my school uniform was in white.

11. another thing I miss - my grand mom used to have this one for making a nice sweet (火麻仁 ﹣not sure if it's hamstxxx seed)for me.
12. dried shrimp

13. dried clam
14. dried tiny fish

15. Tofu shop - mmh.. my Japanese friend (he can read/speak excellent Cantonese/Mandarin) already asked me "the name beneath is interesting". Yes, she knows it's not a nice name. :)
16. Tofu sweet - very nice tofu sweet.

17. I haven't seen this sole for quite some time. Look at the pink - very fresh!
18. fish maw hanging high to get direct sun light.

19. next time my friend and I shall have these kinds of seafood and bring them to a restaurant nearby for a seafood dinner.

6 comments:

Stella said...

What a unique part of Hong Kong here, with some village and farm tone. This reminds me of the first Hua Hin Seafood Restaurant where they sold the shrimp paste. And also the street market/boat market in our Spring trip.

Anonymous said...

It seems it is a nice trip to go to the cable car and then go to Tai O.

Man

Anonymous said...

OMG! that clothes washing board!
And that tofu place store sign, if it were someone else I would think it was Photoshop in...

in the sea said...

Haha... glad that you know me well.

Anonymous said...

I saw from Jade Channel last night Tai O was flooded.
From,
Stella

in the sea said...

Yes, Stella, the Typhoon strong wind pressed the high tide wave to flood most of Tai O as well as Cheung Chau. The villagers claimed they haven't seen such a situation for 50 years. Looks like a mini-play of "The Day After Tomorrow". The Museum was gone too. Glad that I could have grab a chance to take all these photos.