Thursday, April 23, 2009

Baby Mango 豬腰芒


Madam Fa and I went to the Wanchai market and something caught my eyes. These baby mangoes! What's even more attractive - it's HK$10 for 2 pounds (about 20 mangoes). So without any thought, we bought 2 pounds. When we were kids, these baby mangoes could cost $20-30 for one pound. It could be as expensive as one whole fresh chicken. Behinds these cuties are the various vinegar we got lately. The right one is my most loved one and it's good for ice cream or BBQ pork.

3 comments:

Stella said...

Har, 20 pig kidney mangoes for $10 HK? I think this only happens once in a blue moon.
Last week I went to Pavilion(Vons) and see 3 apple mangos(the big red color mango from Mexico)for $0.99 I already feel like taking a picture and show TC(but no camera with me). A mango costs about $2 US here in average. If in Chinese market it is average about one case(8 or 9) for $15.
I like mangos in HK and BKK.
Please tell Miss Flower mango is very "wet hot" so don't eat too much in a day. I try to eat only one a day(the big apple mango) but if for kidney mango I have to eat 2 at one time. But if you boil the mango seed and drink the water then you can cure the "wet hot".
Same method for Ly Chee.

in the sea said...

Yes, I was also told the same. Later on I read a magazine about mango. It's actually good for gum and especially if you have gum inflammation, mango can cure it. Just like clam - it's high in cholesterol but it is good for liver. So it all depends on the balancing of food.

Anonymous said...

Mango is also good for going to rest room as it has lots of fiber. I guess every food has its good and bad so it depends how we take it, just like people.