Friday, April 03, 2009

Noodle Loft, Beijing.

The first time I visited this shop was in the early 05. The shop only offered a few choices of noodles and cold appetizers. So it's been almost 2 years I haven't been to Beijing and neither to this one.

1. black fungus in black vinegar from Giang Xi. My favourite dish! I really like black vinegar from Giang Xi - was told by one local Beijing friend (she is a doctor) that Giang Xi vinegar is good for health. It's RMB16 (US$2). Guess what's it. Potato with preserved veggie. Every time I told the people I brought to this restaurant that it's potato. No one believed it. Local Beijing people or Northern people often called potato as "earth nuts" (土豆). This one is also my regular choice. :) The Chef just slightly boil the shred potato and mix it with the preserved veggie. So the potato's texture is really crunchy!

3. chopped veggie - also quite nice! 4. This is my favourite drink - wild jubilee juice at RMB12 (US$1.5).

5. One noodle (一根麵)- also my favourite. The chef made it as just one noodle from one end to another. Really professional skill! 6. Shred noodle (刀削麵) - what a skillful shredding of noodles. It's just RMB12 and you can choose a variety of sauce to go with it. I certainly choose my favourite black vinegar from Giang Xi. Then the other is with bean paste. Note that they made the noodle not that mashy - like the original cooking of spaghetti - kind of chewy.

7. the thin pancake for the fried duck. 8. the fried duck - amazing that the meat inside is still very juicy. Perfect! only RMB48(US$6)

9. the shop inside. 10. the open kitchen where the Chef showed their skill of making noodle.

11. the shop is quite close to Soho Modern Town in Chao Yang District on 3rd Ring East Road.

1 comment:

Stella said...

This one is quite contemporary.