Thursday, April 09, 2009

Vie Hotel, Bangkok

On my trip to Phuket, we chose to stay at BKK for 2 nights for a better connection and yet tried the Accor Super Sale from April to June for most of its hotel outlets in Asia Pacific. When I checked on their sites most deluxe or 1 bedroom suite are at the same price as the standard room, why not choose the upper class room. So I paid B1,500 for this 80 sq. m. deluxe suite (should be B6-7,000) but of course without breakfast. Vie is located just at the BTS stop Rachathewi (one stop from Siam) but I prefer walking and it's about 5 min. walk to Discovery Center.

1. super big king size bed. 2. spacious living room.

3. I like the bathroom quite much as it is very spacious with 2 basins. 4. So the French standard for a separate toilet.

5. Not bad they use Aigner body care. 6. a very large bath tub.
7. the pool is on the annex building's rooftop at the entrance. 8. a view from my room to Pratunam/Central World.

9. the pool's end is just at the street side. 10. the Annex Building and you can see the pool on the rooftop.


11. view from the pool back to the BTS where I took the photo of the Annex building. 12. Vie Bar is located on the 2nd Floor of the Annex bldg. It's good the hotel separates the entertainment venues from the main hotel bldg. making the guests' stay less disturbing.

13. Vie Hotel the main wing. 14. the Entrance.

15/16. the Reception

4 comments:

Stella said...

I think I saw this from another blog as I remember the swimming pool on the roor top facing the BTS(not sure if it is from your blog before).
I read from Sing Tao's East Weekly where they introduced a new hotel and restaurant in Central World. It is kind of fancy as there is a "flying show" when they get the wine you order. I forgot the name of the hotel and restaurant.

in the sea said...

Stella, that one should be Centara Grand at Central World and it's now the hot pick for quite many HK tourists.

Anonymous said...

You are right Sea. I think that is the name of the hotel. And I was told the restaurant Red Sky is very famous for those who like to drink.

From,
SS

Anonymous said...

I saw a travel book showed this hotel. They had 2 ways of playing in Bangkok. 1 is expensive playing and they introduced this hotel. another one is cheap playing and they introduced Ibis hotel. but if it's just B1,500, it's very cheap. why expensive playing? Ibis may be the same price.