Friday, April 17, 2009

Vie Dining, Vie Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand

Vie Dining is the only restaurant in Vie Hotel. The other outlets of Vie Hotel are Vie Bar, Vie Lounge...etc. So in having taken such a good bargain offer of the room, we had better try their restaurant for appreciating their offer.

1/2. The restaurant inside.
3. Warm bread - I was so surprised with my most favourite bread "Sourdough!". Sourdough is the my most most favourite bread when I was in the States. At first, I thought the closet one in the photo is just a French bread but it's not and what a pleasant surprise. 4. Virgin Mary and Mango juice - just so so.

5. Onion soup - a bit too thick. 6. Fish soup - this one is quite nice and quite Southern French too.

7. Grilled chicken breast - this is a very difficult dish but it surprised me. Yes, it is quite juicy and nicely grilled. 8. Pad Sie Eiu (stir fried flat noodle) - this one is also quite nice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Piggy bread(the HK invented bread with the skin a little crispy and best eat it hot) is my favorite. If there is good piggy bread in HK or BKK please tell me.
SS

in the sea said...

There are quite a no. of local HK style tea restaurant serving "piggy" bun. Tsui Wah's "piggy" bun is with butter and condensed milk... so good that no one can escape from it. Actually that "piggy" bun is quite influenced by the French bread. In BKK, of course, Oriental's Normandie!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sea. I shall go to Le Normandie one more time for the gorgeous French cuisine and the piggy bun.
SS

in the sea said...

BTW, there were just a few times Normandie serving piggy bun; so it will be by chance you may get to try it.