Friday, April 03, 2009

South Beauty Restaurant(俏江南), Beijing

This restaurant is almost like a regular visit for me whenever I am in Beijing. Now this restaurant has many branches like Maxim's Chinese restaurant in Hong Kong. If offers cuisine no only from the South but also to the North. The menu is very spectacular. So for convenience, I visited the shop at the Eastern shopping mall in Wang Fu Ging.

1. chilled pear in red wine - see how good the Chef sliced the pear and make it look like a rose. RMB16 (US$2) is really worth for your eyes, not even mention about the taste! Excellent! 2. Stir fried honey bean with bean sprout - my another favourite veggie stir fried!
3/4. the shop inside.

5/6. ordered a fresh made bean curd with various dipping and sauce. RMB50(US$6). Very smooth bean curd and the sauce is awesome, with sesame sauce and bean curd sauce together with my favourite crunchy black beans!

7. another look at this nice bean curd. 8. in the bowl.

9. Whenever I go to Beijing or Guang Zhou, I would definitely try the local free range chicken, especially in soup. This one was double boiled with Gingklo - very nice taste! Only RMB56(US$7).

2 comments:

Stella said...

This Restaurant looks nice and fancy but the price is good; just like those at valued eatery at BKK.

in the sea said...

Actually there have been lots of fancy nice restaurants in Beijing. In fact, some of those restaurants' services are even better than those hotels I have ever stayed. Don't know why the hotel qualities in Beijing is that worse. Those restaurants I have visited are with very nicely trained attendees. :)