Monday, February 21, 2011

report on my photo testing on a wedding

The first time for me to carry a bag of camera stuff including 3 lens (50mm F1.4, 17-40mm F4L, 70-200mm F4L), one flash and the camera with a handgrip. After 3 hour of non-stop shooting, I found out I should have some stretching with my wrist. Well, my brief report would be:
1. two cameras are needed for one wide angle and one zoom. Both cameras should be on some very fast response.
2. check on the ceiling if there are any irregular shape mirror on the bouncing flash (see below photo 3. Some interesting cross lighting was created, but not interesting on standard wedding portrait photos.). In that case, a diffuser is needed for the flash. A powerful flash too. On some far zooming situation, take off the diffuser.
3. use a single spot for the metering as the auto 9 point or more AF would be a bit distracting.
4. Try to shoot the guests more. I shot a bit too many on the bride and bridegroom.
5. As there will be some hired prof. camera and video men, try to shoot the photos when it's counted at 1. At 2, the subject persons would blink their eyes at 3. So at 1, as they blink at 2, then at 3, they would open up their eyes for the professional camera man to take it.
*will check for the consent on posting some more portrait photos later.

2 comments:

pixmation said...

Photo #3 is missing in your post.

Photo #1 has the very calm feeling to it. Maybe because it's something that's traditional and I haven't seen it for a while.

I like the #2 a lot, a few crews from a distance cleaning and preparing for event. It's like the deadly silence before the storm and thunder arriving. I could almost imagine and hear the sound of the vacuum? machine in a very quiet banquet hall.

in the sea said...

Thanks for pointing that out. I guess it's accidentally deleted by me. Need to find that out.
1. Later on I was given these sweet tea that it was very surprising for me.
2. I was the first one arriving at the scene and took that chance of this special moment.