Sunday, May 23, 2010

The last photo I took - Central World, BKK.

Didn't wanna worry my family and friends about my crossing this area. It was the 5th of April, 2010, the 3rd day this area was occupied. These women and children might not know what they were doing. I recall that time I was in Milan. Before my trip, I was warned of some gypsies robbing the tourists even in day time. So subconsciously I would think those are men. There I was outside a shop, a group of women holding babies and kids in their arms, came to me and tried to grab anything I have, hands in my pockets. My instinct gave me super strength in pushing them all back and swinging all of their hands. I even didn't care if their kids and children would fall off their arms. So in the eyes of the others, I shouldn't do that. This is the human blind weakness. It applies all everywhere, once, present and future. Abuse the ignorant. Abuse their hearts. Do you sleep well?

9 comments:

Stella said...

I do plan to mourn and give respect to this place next time I go to BKK.
I don't care is it is safe or not.
At least I will do it remotely(maybe from Centara or Red Sky).
This is the only way I can get myself out of this emotionally.

Paranoid Android said...

Ohhh... What a sad day for Thais, to witness on of the icons of Bangkok eaten up by a mob fueled inferno. I had planned to visit BKK for Songkran, but decided not to due to the protest rallies. Sigh...

in the sea said...

Yes, I received a note from my local Thai friend. She drew herself in pale white and sat on a desk, all the things on the desk are upside down off in the air, with tear drops from those things. I did cry when I saw her drawing like that. So sad for them.

Stella said...

Yes, it will take us some time to overcome.
This is really too much for all of us.
We love Central World.
We miss Central World.

in the sea said...

Yes, it's really too much. World Trade Center (ex-Central World) was the first mall I was told when I booked a hotel room at Le Meridien (now Holiday Inn BKK next to Inter-Continental).

Anonymous said...

the person control this has done too much. at least 1 year to rebuild.

Stella said...

It may take only one year to rebuild Central World but longer to re-build people's broken hearts, people's confidence and the economy in Thailand.
We will support you Thailand by coming again and again.
The world will support you Thailand.
We together will defeat the bad intention of the black hand director who started this.

in the sea said...

I'm going to and as often as I can. :)

Anonymous said...

Central World hope u come back soon!! I missed u