Monday, May 17, 2010

My Cooking - red mullet, tomato potato soup 蕃茄著仔紅衫魚湯

1. Cut the bones out the spare ribs' for the soup, and left the meat for another steamed dish. Diced potato. 2. Tomato and onion. Pan fried potato, ribs and onion. Put them for boiling water with some ginger.

3. Spent quite some time in getting some fresher red mullet but I wasn't satisfied. So I put more ginger slices in the tummy. Supposed Chinese wok is better for pan frying fish. See the sides weren't in contact of the heat. Oops. My grand mom would blame me on placing the 2 fishes head to head and tail to tail. Better head to tail as it means a round and round it goes. Then put the fish in the soup for boiling for about 10 to 15 minutes. 4. Done! I used a bit too much of tomato; so it's a bit thick. 55 marks out of 100. Major fault on the fish not too fresh. Miss Shaukiwan a lot!

6 comments:

Thailand Club said...

i like to cook potato + tomato soup, but with chicken :)

Stella said...

Yes TC, I always make soup with potato, tomato, celery, carrot, cobo(Cow Pound-this is veggie) with a few ox tail(6 pieces).
For the ox tail I have to boil it first and throw away the dirty water and oil.
Then after cooking I have to get rid of the oil on top too.
In fact, you can replace ox tail with pork bone or chicken, or no meat at all.
If no meat, you can add some onion to get more flavor out.

Stella said...

OK, the correct name of "cobo" should be "burdock".

in the sea said...

Chicken is a nice replacement! Actually tomato and potato are a perfect match! SS, yours is a luxury version. Celery is a good 3rd party (compromising one) in this couple. :)

Stella said...

My soup is very cheap, not a luxury. Just lots of ingredients. In fact, my soup is a refined version of the diet soup which people can lose 3 lbs after drinking for 5 consecutive days. But of course that diet version had no meat at all. And they had the green pepper which my stomach don't like(always burp burp).

in the sea said...

Luxury in preparing and cooking it. :) I think you should avoid drinking this diet soup. You need the reverse version.