Friday, March 02, 2012

La Botiga Mediterranean restaurant, Barcelona, Spain

The restaurant highlighted its paella (Spanish fried rice). Personally I don't like paella much, or I can say I don't like fried rice much, because I prefer the original rice flavour - steamed rice. What's more, some unnecessary bits like clam's shell can be easily left in the rice that it can get you some oral wound. Cooking seafood for such a long time also spoils the original sweetness of seafood. Back to the paella of this restaurant, it's a bit salty to me though it's still pretty good as compared to the others I have tried. Anyway, this restaurant is pretty nice, especially their tomato bread (photo 3). Toasted bread with tomato puree and paste. Very fresh and sweet tomatoes in Spain! The salad (photo 4) and the pan seared tuna (photo 6) are quite nice but just a bit too much of olive oil.






4 comments:

Mickey Mouse said...

maybe it is geographic cause, cuisine of Spain r pretty salty in general ..

in the sea said...

Probably it's by the sea and so it's pretty salty, but most places in Barcelona are even more salty than those in Cannes. :)

Stella said...

Food of Spain or Barcelona in Old Pasadena really lousy and pricey.
Hard to find some food that I don't think.

in the sea said...

However, fruits and seafood in southern Spain are very nice, also poultry. Their parma ham and pork are very aromatic. Somehow those seem to have been handled not in a way that I personally don't appreciate.