Friday, December 21, 2012

麥兆記雲吞麵 Mak Siu Kee Wonton Noodle shop, Wanchai HK




 Read the article in the shop about its origin - quite a long article but strange that I still couldn't figure out on how it claimed to be related to Mak Um Kee on a some sort of son-in-law with this and that relationship.  Anyway, the noodle is pretty nice - very evenly thin and al-dente.  The wonton is not bad, but the worst part is the soup.  It was quite bitter (probably from the over-burnt of the dai di fish).  The veggie wasn't too fresh.  So half and half, I'd prefer to go back to Mak Um Kee.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonton noodle soup is always my favorite.
I had wonton noodle soup at Jean Dull at HK Airport yesterday; quite good to me.

SS

Mickey Mouse said...

oh the soup is very important to me.

in the sea said...

Got it! Will bring you to Mak Um Kee then.