It was 5:30pm. My sister's family and I were at the door of this restaurant Tak Kee and we got the last table and there went up a long line. Tak Kee has been in Western District for a long time and now expanded to a bigger shop on Belcher's Street (卑路乍街).
1. Chiu Chow pickled. I really wanna tell Chiu Kong Chun to try these 2 small dishes. These are the original taste of Chiu Chow pickled. These 2 are very original and authentic. 2. Fish in aged vinegar 陳醋鳳尾魚 HK$28. The fish was deep fried so well that you can even eat the bones too. The vinegar is also nice and it's not that acidic. So this is a really good aged vinegar. Highly recommended.
3. Tiny clams with chives HK$28. Another delight and this one is very good to go with Chiu Chow rice porridge. 4. Goose meat and mixed platter HK$98. So this is the real goose meat. Chiu Kong Chun gotta taste this one! The Lo Shui (shimmering sauce) is perfect! The kidney is very tender!
5. Chinese foie gras from the above no. 4. It's awesome! BTW, there are only 2 of it. Gotta be fast. 6. Deep fried oyster cake HK$50. Very crispy and light. Good frying technique. Must try!
7. Oyster rice porridge HK$60. This portion is huge and good for 10 bowls. Jason declared a "war" to me for taking 10,000 bowls. They put the "big earth" fish chunks in it and made the whole porridge so nice. Must try too. 8. Stir fried Kai Lan with "Big Earth" fish HK$50. My favourite stir fried! I love this fish chunks.
9. Taro sweet paste - very smooth and aromatic. Of course, the lard in it is the key. Can't complain. 10. See all these Chiu Chow cold dishes.
11. the shop entrance. 12. A boarder view.