Saturday, August 21, 2010

Canon Rebel T2i

I was so excited to finally see my best friend getting this new toy. Don't know what T2i is. In the States, it's called T2i and here we call it 550D. :) I recall a long time ago, when my friend tried to choose photography as his main subject of study in CA, I was the one who discouraged him the most. Right now, I am the one who has been encouraging him the most to get back on photography. What a roller coaster ride. What's more, my friend still keeps the classic authentic Canon FD lens in the old days before the EOS era. Right now what is needed is an adapter's mount for those FD lens back on this T2i.

Well, all I can say this Canon new toy really amazes the customers. My bro-in-law and sister took a thousand photos on just a glass for testing the combination of various settings. I feel a bit ashamed of my lacking this initiative, as this is the right way of knowing more about photography in practice. Those theories and concepts are just on paper.

*a disclaimer - I am not a staff of Canon, nor related to Canon group. :) I also introduced my other friends to get Fujifilm S1500, HX10 and FD100, Leica D-lux 4, Olympus E-450 and E-PL1, Nikon D90, Panasonic GF1 & LX3.

5 comments:

Paranoid Android said...

I always trust what you recommend, Sky. You are so meticulous and knowledgeable and really study things properly before you speak.

Thailand Club said...

very soon u will review the LX-5

in the sea said...

Thanks Android. However, I have made quite many mistakes. The good thing is that I learned from it but the bad thing is that I lost some friendship which is now only in regretfulness.

BTW, I got to know the 550D has a copyright signature on the photos taken. It's on the right pane on the creative mode setting.

LX-3 is a legend in 2008. No matter how Canon pushed out G10 and S90, LX-3 did earn a name for Panasonic. So 2 years later LX-5 will continue the legend, but the price will be a concern, as it will be set to HK$4,600 (US$600). Any price over HK$4,500, I would suggest getting either Sony NEX-5 or Olympus E-PL1 which is just around HK$5,000. LX-5 should go at around HK$3,000.

pixmation said...

It would be fun for us to have an assignment to take some photos. I came across a website that have monthly assignments and people all over the world will take photos and post on the site.

in the sea said...

Yes, when we have some goal in mind, we would practise more. It's not just on the winning but the initiative to grow and enhance our skills. That's the point of competition. Thanks for the we link. Will go for that for more.