Friday, August 27, 2010

Testing Tamron 28-300mm lens

When I first bought my 400D, I also got a Tamron 28-300mm lens as recommended by the shop salesman when I told that I often use zooming. However, this heavy lens requires a higher battery power which I didn't realise until I bought my 550D. This Tamron lens has made me practise more on holding a camera firm still as it's not in the Image Stabilizer age. While we are in the digital age and can rely on it most of the time, we may still need to preserve or practise some of our skills.
*the above photo was taken when there was no wind that the pool has a full reflection of the 3 box lounging area. The below photo shows how it looks like in day time but it's on Panasonic FT1.

4 comments:

Stella said...

This looks like beach in Hawaii.
Paticularly with the Kwai Lo there.

pixmation said...

Is the second photo the view of other people's room? All rooms facing the pool with a couch outside?

in the sea said...

Stella, Samui is a very popular place for westerners. A lot of high-end resorts but also a lot of budget inns accommodate various clientele. The weather is less extreme as compared to Phuket due to its location a bit north east of the east coast of Southern Thailand. That shelters Samui from the monsoon rain a bit but if the monsoon is so strong, the rain can still hit here.

Pixmation, the second photo is on the swimming pool. X2 has its theme of boxes. Last night it was unusually mild with not a trace of wind. So that's how I captured this photo in that tranquil. However, I should have a tripod to take it or knee down a bit to make a perfect angle in having all the things balanced and reflected on the pool. It's because I needed to do that in a hurry due to the hungry mosquitoes around.

Stella said...

Thank you for the geography class.