Thursday, October 07, 2010

鮑參翅宴, Abalone/sea cucumber/shark's fin meal, Hoi Choy 好彩 Seafood Sheung Wan, HK

My sister and I went to try this set menu after last time I saw quite many experienced seniors from the seafood shops in Sheung Wan visiting this restaurant.

1. the meal set is HK$288 per person. 2. A freshly squeezed orange juice.

3. Deep fried shrimp ball. I guess this is my most wanted dish when I went to those wedding/birthday dinners in my childhood. This one is so good - very crispy outside and tender/juicy inside. 4. The house special sauce to go with the deep fried shrimp.
5/6. Shark's fin soup. Think I haven't tried the real shark's fins for so long. This one is very nice and original. Check the thin slices of Chinese golden ham. This is the thing bringing up the salty aroma. If salt is put to make it taste, the nice soup base would be spoiled. See how thick the fins are. So now you know why I checked this restaurant in Sheung Wan. They can't cheat our experiened seniors from those dried seafood shops. I think it's worth around $200, but it is even more worth for me to stay until 3-4am due to indigestion of the fins as my stomach hasn't been adjusted to fins for a long time.

7. Suckling pig and roasted goose. Pretty nice. 8. Stir fried and stewed veggie. Good too!

9. Abalone and sea cucumber. So yummy!

11. veggie fried rice. Very nice quick stir-frying and nice veggie aroma. 12. fresh fruits.

13. this dessert is quite disappointing. Too mashy.

3 comments:

Stella said...

The shark fin soup looks good with generous portion.

The sea cucumber and abalone look so big here. Generous portion too.

Item 7 also looks good. But I guess this was not part of the set menu though.

in the sea said...

correct. no. 7 is not included in this set meal.

Stella said...

Thanks for the note SEA.