Friday, October 08, 2010

View from 21/F of The One, TST, HK

Went to a lunch at a steakhouse called Woo Loo Moo Loo (guess it's Australian and review to be reported later) on 21st floor of The One (the new shopping mall - was the Tung Ying Mansion). The One is on the contrast to that 38 floor residential building claiming as 88 floors. The 21 floors would mean over 50 floors. There it goes a super view to TST and a panoramic view to the harbour and northern coast of HK island.
1. Swimming pool of the new Hyatt Regency.

2. Holiday Inn's rooftop swimming pool. Kind of bothering with those big machines nearby. 3. View to the east and south of TST and the harbour.

7 comments:

Stella said...

Nice building and nice view.

Is "the One" owned by Mr. Lau who devoted license plate "the One" to Michelle Lee?

The swimming pool here shall look better if there is no wall, just like the one at VIE, or the one Pixmation commented as no edge.

in the sea said...

I guess so. Anyway, locals argue on whether to pronounce "Der" One or "D" One. I was asked about it but told them neither of these. It should be "f"he"" One. Our common HK English is to pronounce "th" as "de", not "f".

Stella said...

Wow your English is good, way above many of the HK U students.

I guess it shall pronounce the way you mentioned.

I was told the English and Chinese level in HK has now dropped a little. Even HK U students don't have good English. Not sure if true or not.

in the sea said...

Actually if those people aren't like that, no need to be that specific about pronounciation. Like yesterday I met my Manulife's agent, I crossed out the date I wrote in British manner with the date/month/year. I amended it to month/date/year and she asked why. I told her Manulife is a N. American company and I need to respect it. So it's about where and to whom we speak to. Nothing about good or bad. I can easily find out a lot of mistakes in my writing.

Stella said...

Hope your Manulife agent will not respect you the same way so as to interpret this back to date/month/year as practiced in HK.
:)

in the sea said...

Stella, not the first time we need to follow the N. American way for those forms from N. American corp, even when filling in a form for Citibank. :)

Stella said...

Also when you go to the US Embassy.
I can feel your pain.