Friday, October 29, 2010

Heartbreak hot and sour noodle, 傷心酸辣粉, Fok Wing Street, Shamshuipoo, Kowloon, HK

Many years ago my Taiwanese friend brought me to a "hot spicy" hot pot. I first refused so as it definitely upset my stomach, but my friend's boss somehow explained the Sichuan hot can relieve some stomach problem if the stomach tends to be "cool". It turned out it's true. Most of all, it's the only hot that made my head's hair sweat uncontrollably. I was told about this shop in Shamshuipoo for quite some time. Though they opened another branch in Dundas Street, Mongkok, I still wanna go to the first shop.

1. "mouth watering" chicken 口水鷄. It's the least hot dish among all those we ordered. The chili is quite special and aromatic. 2. the signature noodle - hot and sour noodle. Very nice, and I like the soup too. I ordered "small" hot but it's very hot to me indeed and my head sweat! The shop's waitress told me to get "baby" hot if I find it too hot. Actually I found out most others ordered "baby" hot. I wonder who orders super hot.

3. Chilled "water" squid, pork skin and stomach. Very nice and this hot is not like the other. This one with some light garlic and parsley flaour. 4. Mixed my noodle.

5. Chilled hot black fungus. Wow this one is the hottest among all though it didn't look like. I somehow like it. 6. Chilled noodle with chicken. For those who can't eat any hot, this one is a good choice and the noodle is very chilled. Nice dressing too.

7. Sichuan north chilled noodle. Under the waitress's recommendation, I tried baby hot so as to reduce a bit hot. 8. chilled bitter gourd. Not too good as it's a bit too mashy and too much garlic.

9. Chilled crystal jello. So good to have this one as they used some cane sugar as syrup. This is a good way to calm your hot meal. 10. the shop.

3 comments:

Stella said...

This looks like a happy meal. Why they called it "sad"?

It is good to eat some "hot" stuff if your stomach is "cold", as long as the hot is not that strong. Everything has to be in moderation but not too extreme.

But when you don't have enough sleep or you have "eat hey" than no good to eat "hot" stuff. So it all depends on the situation.

in the sea said...

It's because the shop is to tell the hot and spicy will make you cry (sweat).

The Sichuan hot is with some Chinese medicine and that balances the hot to a medicating thing.

Well, to cure "the hot air", better stay at MO for a few nights for detoxifying. Better than taking a "24 taste" Chinese herbal bitter tea!

Stella said...

You are right SEA.