Saturday, October 30, 2010

A little make up, Mandarin Oriental Bangkok

In another 3 weeks, Mandarin Oriental Bangkok will finish its new phrase of interior decoration. Some parts have been done. The reception has moved to its previous area. The carpet and some furniture changed. More notable are the vertical flower presentations in the lobby hall.

Checked in a room much further to the end of the corridor and with a boarder river view. I really have no idea why the toilet is so inviting and de-stressing and as I watch it again, I feel like having my detoxifying assignment, and interesting made 2 big ones in just 6 hours. More amazing is those are not that rushing and no stressful feeling. Next when I looked at the bath tub, I couldn't help having a hot bath with MO's unique aromatic bathing salt. I felt so sleepy already after 30 seconds of soaking. What's more, the air-conditioning is perfect with the right temperature and moisture setting. You wouldn't feel your skin being tightened. Again, the hardware of this hotel is awesome!

This afternoon I had some business meetings in Verandah cafe. My business fellows and I have had 3 hours of chatting and discussion that all of us wouldn't notice time flied fast. Besides, it's the first time I could do some legal validated documents in such a fast way by photo taking on my presence in Thailand in signing those documents with a MO staff here and a MO environment plus Chaophyra River as a background. That saved me a lot of time and money if I do that outside of Thailand. Now MO has one more big merit for me.

The last 2 photos - the 1st one showed MO placed some sand bags to prevent the warning flooding of Chaophraya river. The 2nd highest tide will arrive tomorrow (30th Oct.) and the biggest one will arrive on 8th Nov. The northern part of Thailand has some serious blooding due to the massive cold front from China meeting the warm moisture of Thailand. Then the last one is Ciao - the Italian restaurant which runs for the dry season only as it's in open area.











5 comments:

Stella said...

Now you know why I said MO's rest room is good. As it is not easy for me to go toilet during a trip. This is the only place I can do my toilet big job.
Yes, its air con is gorgeous. Hard to find one hotel air con that both Chris and I are satisfied with no argument in temperature(cold enough for Chris and yet not too cold for me).
Yes, MO has good hardware as well as good software.
Glad to know now MO also serves as "home office" for your legal related matters.

in the sea said...

Forgot telling you my local business friends even stayed here and they often claimed "stay at MO at least once in a lifetime.". It's not the first time I heard of this from locals.

Interesting that even the receptionist in the business center knows my name but it's the first time I went there. I also noticed there are some more new staff. They are all trained to get ready at your service but not explicitly standing like supervising you. This morning the maid went out of the room near the lift lobby. She silently awaited us for the lift arrived. Then as the lift door closed, she smiled and then left after the door closed. Besides, at the Verandah cafe, they were very silent in serving you like they are not there but they care every detail. Amazing!

Stella said...

Yes you are right, MO deserves even the locals to stay there to feel its excellence.

Its staffs and impeccable services is the core reason for the success.
It is the people and the soft ware that differentiate them from its peers.

in the sea said...

Yes, in terms of both hardware and software, MO takes over the others, and even more now they are going back to 80% of what they used to be (from 60% of the last 2 years). The other 20% discount is attributed to the 2 star service of the butler of 8/F. This morning that butler asked if I need to have my room cleaned up. So as he asked, I naturally replied "yes". Then he queried "don't you check out later today?". So I said "yes". Then he replied "then clean up after you check out.". Interesting stupid dialogue. Of course, one out of a million.

Stella said...

So this is "one more fish"(in French).