Friday, April 06, 2012

Pool Access deluxe room, Holiday Inn Resort Mai Khao, Phuket, Thailand

Didn't expect to stay at this resort and confirmed the booking at a very last minute before my flight arriving at BKK. All thanks to latestays.com which mistakenly showed room availability of The Sala. So in such a short time, I needed to find another hotel in Mai Khao. Turned out this Holiday Inn has pool access rooms during Easter break. The room is in a standard resort room size and everything is tidy and clean. The pool is separate from the others; so it's quite secluded for a row of 8-10 rooms. The water is very clean and much too clean that even after shower I can still smell some residue of chlorine.
The below photos show 2 different rooms as I changed it after I found the first one (photo 1-5) is in a sun shade in the afternoon time. Good that I moved to another better location (the last few photos). That section has only 4 rooms sharing the pool. Throughout these few days, the next door suite is vacant and the other 2 rooms having some guests who prefer to go out to play in the big pool. So most of the time, this pool is very exclusive for me.
















7 comments:

Mickey Mouse said...

OMG this Holiday Inn is not bad, very nice pool access room, i think u would immediately 'miss' Siam Kempinski so called pool access room .. hahahaha

btw, Holiday Inn Pattaya not bad either ..

in the sea said...

Mickey, we are also very surprised with this Holiday Inn. I read some comments from tripadviser or agoda. Most of them have this kind of note "this is not the Holiday Inn from the States as we know.". Just like Best Western and even Carlson/Radisson/Park Plaza, Ibis/Novotel, Golden Tulip, when they run their hotels/resorts, they are much better than their home countries. This pool access room (at this peak season) is about THB5K++. The gardening in here is also very well maintained. To be reported...

Stella said...

Wow below $200 US for this pool access room is a steal. Lucky you.
Your room is very big.
The pool is so clean and clear with the reflection.
I can see your floats too.

in the sea said...

Yes, the pool is very clean and even so clean that I could smell like a chlorine sponge.

Stella said...

So this pool is "for your eyes only" but not for your swimming.

in the sea said...

It is also very good for swimming but just I don't like swimming pool much. Probably I swan in the beach and get used to the beach smell.

Stella said...

I like both beach smell and pool smell as long as there is water or swimming related.