Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Standard deluxe room, Renaissance Mai Khao, Phuket, Thailand

The Marriott Gold card membership has always been so useful for me and so I got to try various hotels & resorts of the Marriott group. 99% of the time I can book the room without any hassle or very least of blackout dates at a very preferential rate from the program vouchers of THB1,999 to 2,999++ (incl. ABF). This time at this peak Easter holiday break, I could still make good use of the voucher for trying this Renaissance. Originally I wanna stay at the Sala and feel like trying Renaissance in the meantime. However, even after I paid for an instant booking thru' latestays.com, it turned out the booking was rejected and refunded at a very last minute. That really made my whole booking schedule messed up and finally I had to try a resort which I didn't think I would try - Holiday Inn Mai Khao as a replacement of The Sala for the stay after Renaissance.
Back to this resort, all the staff are pretty well trained and cater for any request for the room. Though it's a peak season and that I use the voucher for redemption (the rate is 50% of the Easter holiday rate), they still put me on my preferred choice for the room, like higher floor with less trees in the front...etc. The room is pretty spacious, with a big couch and bathtub.




4 comments:

Stella said...

The room is spacious and cozy.

Thailand Club said...

har, u gave up another booking, in order to continue to stay here, though another room type ..

Stella said...

My friend asked me to ask you to write a book about hotels in Phuket with all your rating.....

in the sea said...

TC, not that I gave up, I was put in trouble with latestays.com. I missed The Sala a lot and so as I knew they only had room for certain nights, I had to fill up the 2 nights near The Sala. So I thought of the MG voucher and then chose this one. Ended up this trip is Renaissance + Holiday Inn. No The Sala at all. :( Anyway, it's still very enjoyable to check Renaissance and Holiday Inn.
SS, thanks for your friend's note. However, I have certain preference and so some bias.