Tuesday, May 20, 2008














I went to Mongkok this morning for a breakfast meeting.  Haven't been in Mongkok for a long time after my office moved to Wanchai.  So the King Wah Center is still there on Shan Dong Street in junction with Nathan Rd.  Look at the right pic.  You will see King Wah was once a complex of cake shop, restaurant, roof top garden and a night club!  Look at the windows - no air-conditioners.  Of course, the cool thing is the traffic policeman in the center of this Shan Dong Street and Nathan Road.

3 comments:

Stella said...

I like to see that the traffic policeman is still there.
I remember there is one hotel called Nathan Hotel on Nathan Road. Is this Hotel still there?

in the sea said...

The traffic policeman has been no longer here over the past 30 years something.... Nathan Hotel is still there in Jordan area.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I used to go to Nathan Hotel a lot. :)