Wednesday, May 28, 2008

pork stewed with pickled vegetable 梅菜扣肉

If you like Hakka cuisine, you wouldn't find it a stranger. This Tsuei King Lau did a very nice job for this dish. Actually there was a time we had lunch there and tried to order this one, but it was sold out! So you would know how good it is. Though it's much too strong in taste (as originally this dish should be very strong in taste, sweet, salty together), I took 2 slices of the pork. It's very good for steamed rice. For the past 10 years, I haven't taken 2 bowls of steamed rice. Tonight I did that again....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both this and the "golden silver" egg are my favorite.
Chinese food is better than Korean food as Korean food has too much garlic. It makes my face full of pimple and it smells.

Stella said...

These 2 dishes are my favorite too.

in the sea said...

Well, not all the Korean food has garlic in it. In fact, there are 180 kinds of kimchi - most of which don't have garlic in it. Actually i found out all the food I have taken for these few days in Seoul, do have either sesame or sesame oil in it, apart from the chilli. By the way, By the way, you need to take a lot of vegetable to offset the "hot" of Korean food. Actually, my stomach turned to function well after a lot of vegetable and kimchi. Even i took sticky rice, I feel ok. So now how I should change my eating habit. More different types of vegetable.

Thailand Club said...

this is one of my favorite hakka dishs