Sunday, May 18, 2008

My cooking - Tomato with egg

Since my father didn't have the appetite, I made this one for him to take it more easily. Besides, I made the egg softer (as you can see). First stir fry the egg to 80% done. Then put some ginger slices (about 3-4 slices) in the wok with some oil until you smell the ginger from the wok. Then put the cut tomato with a slight dash of salt. Let it cook for about one minute. Then put some water, tomato sauce, vinegar and sugar to your taste. Then thicken it with cornstarch (not too heavy as the egg will make it thicken a little bit later). Then put the egg and turn off the heat. Stir them together and done!

3 comments:

Stella said...

This is a simple dish but hard to do well. We eat this dish often. Will try your way of cooking this. If your dad has no appetite, steam egg may be easy for him. Or else make him some soup. I like to make soup as it is easy to make(clean and not oily). I am afraid of cooking as I hate the oil stick to my eye glasses.

in the sea said...

If you are afraid of the oil spilling, then dry the ingredients and use a deep wok. Actually there have been too many people making soup for my father, I think I should make something other than that; otherwise it will even make him lose his appetite. Before I made those food, I need to care about what he has taken lately.

Stella said...

You are very thoughtful for your dad. Yes, if too many people make him soup already, then you cook something else. Make some delicious dish or something he likes to eat, rather than just something healthy for him. He has to enjoy the food, and then enjoy life.