Sunday, May 25, 2008

My cooking - Razor clams 豆豉炒聖子

Why it's called razor clams? Look at the shells and it's quite thin and can cut like a razor. I stir fry them with chopped garlic and black bean paste. Remember not to over-cook this one. First heat up the wok, put some oil (better with more oil) and put the garlic and black bean paste into the wok. Then put the clams with some Chinese wine and quick stir fry them at high heat. Cover the wok and let it cook for about 1 to 2 minutes. Then put some sesame oil. Better put some chili in it but as there were kids in the dinner, I didn't put it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't tell me you cook all these delicious and difficult dishes for your sister. What event? Birthday or Mother's Day?

in the sea said...

actually there was also a dish of "red rice" shrimp, but I out-focused that photo, as well as a stir fried celery... 8 dishes in total. It's not on any occasion, but just a family dinner. I cooked since I was 9. That's almost nothing to me. It just depends on how much one is into certain thing. Besides, I don't cook like "1 table spoon of this or 1/2 table spoon of that.". All by my judgement. Besides, the knife skill is important. Fast and accurate technique. So practise more.