Sunday, August 02, 2009

Airport of Koh Samui, Thailand

1/2 Samui Airport arrival.

3/4. Upon arrival, you will pass by this nice shopping mall with some restaurants. However, on that day I could see only a few visitors. That told the low flow of tourists.

5/6. another look at the shopping area.

7. Friendly reminder on a not-so-friendly airport limo. counter. As I haven't been to Koh Samui for quite some time, so I relied on the first limo. counter after the customs exit. I asked for a taxi but then got a coupon to go for a mini-van for passengers going to the same area (Chaweng Noi/Lamai beach). At first, I didn't find it appropriate but when I saw there were 5 passengers in the van, I guess the van should leave in a few minutes. However, after 15 minutes of waiting, I couldn't help asking that lazy driver when the van would depart. His answer "wait wait. One more coming (I guess what he meant was one more passenger is on the way for that van). Then after another 10 minutes, we couldn't bear with this indefinite waiting. Then we grabbed our luggage and went back to this counter for a furious complaint. Another guy showed up "a lady is in the toilet and the van should go very quick.". I replied "we waited for almost half an hour and that lady was in the toilet for 20 minutes. Why don't you go check if there is anything wrong with her?". Then we went straight to the counter. I simply asked for a refund while my friend was checking if there are any other transportation. The answer is yes. We paid THB600 (that van charged us for THB600 too for 2 persons) but we could go immediately. So if you go to Koh Samui, please go a bit further up leftward after the exit, there are another 2 transportation companies offering some decent services.

9. a very Sunny shuttle car taking you to the airplane. 10. the covered waiting area.

11. A310 jet of Bangkok Airway. 12. the cabin

8 comments:

Thailand Club said...

the multi-millions airport upgrade made the door to Samui look great and having Bangkok Airways earns many best boutique airlines on earth

in the sea said...

This airport is indeed very special, and gets you in the mood for sun and beach.

Stella said...

Yes this airpot is a bit like the airport in Hawaii, where their baggage claim is outdoor.
Yes I like sun and beach a lot and that is why I only went to Hawaii, Cancun and Carribean Sea area before.

Stella said...

By the way, I lost one luggage at the outdoor baggage claim area in Hawaii.

in the sea said...

SS, I noticed some US airport would ask you to show your baggage receipt printed by the airline to identify your luggage whether you take the right ones. Do they still practise? Wow, Haven't been to the States for quite many years....

Anonymous said...

Yes Sea. US Airport does give out the baggage claim receipts which they are supposed to check when we exit the airport. However, for the last few times no one checked mine at all.
The one I lost the luggage I think it is the Big Island Airport which is considered "domestice" so the policy can be more loose. As everything shall be "gang loose" in Hawaii right. :)
From,
SS

Anonymous said...

Oops. I mean "hang loose" but not "gang loose".
From,
SS

in the sea said...

Yes, I remember that sign when I crossed the road, the driver showed me the sign of "hang loose". That's something cool.