Thursday, August 13, 2009

Howling Water

I have certain affection for some places like Bangkok, Hua Hin, Tokyo, Taipei, E-Lan and various places in Taiwan (lately the Southern Taiwan)...etc. My friends in Taiwan often brought me to their lovely countryside whenever I visit them on business or vacation. In May, 2009, just a few months ago, we had a trip to Kao Hsuing and Kenting. I was originally planning for an excursion trip to Ali Mountain (亞里山) which is in the Southern Middle part of the mountain range of Taiwan island. I saw many photos of this place and how the native people make their living. Somehow, the group didn't feel like going there. I couldn't disregard the majority though I was the leader. However, right now I am in much sorrow for not having even gone there on my own, as I used to make my solitary journeys in the past.

The recent super typhoon seriously hitting the Central-South of Taiwan made every place of this beautiful island including Ali Mountain totally gone. Then I went back to the photo folder of the journey we made in Kao Hsuing and Kenting a few months ago, and found this photo on our mini-van ride along the highway. Look at this beautiful greeen at the below photo. It may take years to recover. That really makes me even treasure more for what we are having now. There is no need to complain this to our Mother Nature. Our Nature needs to balance itself when human being is taking too much pride and think they are on the top among everything by disregarding the other living beings and natural beings. The end marks another beginning. Round and round it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

August 8 was a pretty sad day in Taiwan. This is the side effect for over developing and over building one area.
SS