Monday, August 10, 2009

Adelphi Grande, soi 41, Sukumvit Road, Bangkok, Thailand

Adelphi Grande on soi 41 (about 5-8 min. walking to the main road Sukhumvit Road, The good thing is the soi with lots of high trees getting you a shade. The hotel is still in a soft opening and offers thru' asiatravel, we got a good deal at THB1,699 net for minimun 2 night stay.

1/2/3. the room inside and its quite spacious - about 45 sq. m.

4. Something good about serviced apt. You may cook something simple. 5. Another nice electrical appliance - washer. This one comes with dryer. Very convenient. 6. the bathroom
7. A house inside Sukhumvit soi - looks very self-contained. 8. soi 41 is pretty close to Emporium and it takes 10 min. on foot. 9. another view to the Sukhumvit high rise buildings.

10/11. more city view. 12. The restaurant isn't bad. They serve quite a variety of food.


13. The swimming pool - quite big. 14. the lobby. 15. the look of the building.

Then we went check another 2 new boutique hotel on soi 19. The left one is Sacha Uno's opened almost 2 years already. Their room is pretty small; so I would suggest you take the deluxe room. The right one is SilQ. The room itself is quite ok. However, when we walk in, we smell some food like curry lamb. This area to soi Nana is popular with certain racial people.

13 comments:

Paranoid Android said...

You sure know how to get good deals for your hotels! For that price, adelphi is a bargain. I would stay away Soi Nana too. Too crowded, too jammed with tourists visiting the bars and too noisy.

Anonymous said...

This one look very nice and just HK$400 it's very cheap. Thanks for the tips. Will try this one. After you told service apartment, I also like to stay in apartment than hotel. Bigger room and most of them have free internet. hotel charge internet always.

Stella said...

Yes SEA always knows where are the good and cheap hotels. He shall write a book about hotels in BKK.
Adelphi Grande is for sure a bargain. It is only half the price of Center Point(also serviced apartment hotel) but AG is newer and offers free internet use 24/7.

in the sea said...

Thanks. Yes, serviced apt. is getting more known to tourists when we just check on the websites or tourist agents' offer. I don't mind paying for internet charge of those int'l chain hotels but I really don't like that Maginet system. Very stupid - if you use a cable line to first log in, then you can't use wi-fi for the same computer. The last time I used it was in Metropolitan and I complained to the hotel but of course, the hotel couldn't say anything.

There are lots more serviced apartments and hotels in Bangkok; so we will for sure get the benefits from this competitive market.

Anonymous said...

SS, you shouldn't compare the Centre Points with a boutique apartments. And u shouldn't compare a 2-bedroom unit in Centre Point with a studio in other smaller apartment. When u compare, u should compare them in same room size same service level and same grade.

Centre Point group has 8 serviced apartments in Bangkok, there is one cost us only B1,500 (of course a studio, not 2-bedroom) and it is closed to the Central World Plaza. Sea has good memory in that apartment.

Centre Point serviced apartments r the best in Bangkok.

in the sea said...

Yes, I do have a very pleasant memory with Centre Point soi 15 Petchburi (behind Central World). That's the first serviced apt. I tried back in late 90's. At that time, I just paid only B1,200. Another nice serviced apartment in my happy memory is Oakwood Residence behind Central Paransam on Chongnonsi Road. I paid B1,100 at that time. However, Oakwood later on increased to almost B3,000. So why bother to spend unnecessary money, especially at this busy city as Bangkok that you wouldn't stay in a hotel for a whole day (except Orlendon). :)

pixmation said...

Did you intentionally changed the layout format? I prefer the previous layout design. :)

in the sea said...

Hello Pixmation, I like your animated look. :)

Yes, I have changed the layout of this blog because I would like to have a bigger section for the photo posting. If I post bigger photo size, it can't keep 2 bigger photos on the same line. Yes, I like the previous color tune and layout but that's a bit too narrow for the photo posting.

Stella said...

I like both payout from this blog.
Pixmation,
Yes your drawing is cute. My son Chris likes Animation a lot. He just went to the 4-day Animation Expo around July 4th in Downtown LA.

Stella said...

No more animated look?

in the sea said...

SS, but I can still see Pixmation animated look.

Thailand Club said...

i can c too

Anonymous said...

Oh yes. You are right.
I saw his animated look after I clicked his "white box".
P.S. It is funny that I can open this blog at work(by clicking your link from your old email notifying us some updated post to read). But if I type your link myself then I cannot.
I was just waiting for my boss here so nothing to do.