Wednesday, August 05, 2009

HKCEE - an exam. symbolizing your life?

Today is a break point for all the secondary school students to get determined where they should be going to. I heard about it when I was in the bus, in the elevator, in the shopping mall, and from my friends and relatives. All about the examination result of all the secondary schools. Watched the TV and interviewed some students getting 10 straight A and some students getting 5 passes. I am somewhat very impressed with that student getting the 5 passes. He is from the 正生書院 a college getting students who were once deserted due to some bad things done such as drug, theft...etc. He was very emotional about getting the 5 passes and thanked the school for giving him a chance. I think the lesson he got is much more valuable than those who think they are the best and they deserve the best and they are superior to the others by condemning the other miserables in their eyes.

Life should be simple. When today many kids play their Wii or go on internet, I recall my happy time spent on the beach. Have you ever been close to our Mother Nature?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

right, give 正生書院 give a chance pls!

TC

Stella said...

I saw from Jade Channel a lot about this School.
Even some TV stars like Tang Shui Mon stood out to support those students. We shall gave these students a chance for putting themselves into the right track.

Paranoid Android said...

What lovely, insightful post. I guess life is different in a busy city like HK.

in the sea said...

Thanks TC and SS for your support to those kids. They were not wrong but just in some way they got astray or misled. I was one of them, but didn't go extreme. I just ran away from school because of those "fame and glory" teachers paying their attention to those well-off students. However, I learned a very valuable lesson - is to make my way with my own hands. Though I am not well off, at least I have my own place and have enough to eat and can travel economy class to see more of the World.

Android, yes, HK is a place for people making easy money but can get addicted and driven by money. So one has to be adaptive in this fast pace and competitive city. So I enjoy finding some nice places and nice restaurants for balancing my busy job. At least, I can express my feeling here in the blog - a good way to release our pressure. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi SEA,
You are very well off in terms of your life style, the way you know how to enjoy food/life, and friends.
I think most of the HK people are pretty well off as compared to those in LA where everything is "dry"(dry in weather, dry in social activity, dry in food selection, dry in culture, and dry in money...)
P.S. Well-off can be in monetary term and "non" too.

in the sea said...

Ok, let's be spiritually well off. :)