Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Ka Do Ri Restaurant 嘉多莉餐廳, 白加士街 Parkes Street, Jordan, Kowloon, Hong Kong

After 10 days of French bread, fish soup, live oyster, steak, choco....etc., here I went for some native HK dishes, and this restaurant in Jordan has been very welcome to the taxi/mini van drivers as it has some very nice steamed fish in a variety which I haven't seen in other similar local style "tea" restaurants.
1. See this variety of fishes. Think of my father as he often taught us how to distinguish the species of fishes but of course I took 5% of what he said... :) 2. Today's special and it goes with steamed rice and drink/soup.

3. OK, this chicken baked in raw salt is the signature dish of the shop and almost every table got one, though it's unusual for the price put up to HK$180 for a whole chicken. After my trying it, it's worth than $180! The chicken is a selected one with a nice fresh chicken flavour. Must try! 4. Ka Lan at $15. Pretty good and I prefer nothing on it.

5. ok, I took the today's recommendation - the yellow fish steamed with preserved veggie 黃花魚. I often use preserved veggie 冬菜 for steaming certain fish including this one, and somehow reminds me of those I made for my father. This shop has made better than me indeed as it has a very nice evenly powered steamer which made the steaming very nice to seal the juice of the fish meat! Certainly how can I have such a professional steamer. Noted is that it's not necessary to put too much oil to make the fish taste "smooth". This is something I often object in using too much oil to cover up something. BTW, some chili will light up the taste like this one, and it's put at the last step. So it's not hot. Yellow fish is very nice when it's fresh enough and the meat is silky melty. Must try too! 6. I guess it's because this area is pretty close to Temple Street open food stall, it presents some fresh seafood outside the shop.

7. the shop is just opposite to my favourite Mak Man Kee Won Ton shop and Australian Dairy Co. :) So of course, after this one, go across the street and try the steamed milk or egg.

1 comment:

Stella said...

The dishes look good and the price is reasonable.
Lucky that you guys have so many choices of fish.