Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Marriott Cafe, JW Marriott Hong Kong

Tonight by chance I called up JW Marriott HK and see if there would be any table of no-show. There I got a table and tried it and reminded me to compare it to the one I tried in Bangkok. Somehow the food variety is different and not fair to compare them. Besides, the prices are different.

1. I guess this is what made this cafe so popular and often on waiting-list for 2 weeks or a month. Lobster! At HK$400, you can get as many as you can take. However, my attention is rather at their sea prawn. It's unlike those shiny farm raised prawns. This one is better than those pinky/white strips shiny prawn. It has the sea sweet prawn flavour. The oyster is small but very fresh. So I would prefer fresh to big. 2. sashimi. Pretty good and fresh. Sushi is also quite nice.

3. ok, more oyster and one more lobster with veggie. 4. Quite impressed with their hot food quality, especially on the steamed fish and stir fried prawns.

5. A flaw I found. It's the unclean parts (blood vein mark) of the fish maw. At HK$400, I wouldn't complain they use some cheaper quality fish maw, but they need to clean them well. Otherwise, it would be smelly. 6. I am somewhat amazed the butter corn is the best among all these. Yes, very nice corn and the butter is not that heavy but nicely given the aroma with the corn.

7. lobster with noodle. Again, it's not the lobster surprising me. It's the squid ball! Very nice one. 8. ice cream by Hagen Daz. Cakes are quite nice.

9. low-calorie cheese cake in the front. Of course, low-cal. means less tasty. :) more ice cream to make it p. 10. iced coffee. Pretty good.

11. the cafe inside. 12. the buffet stations.
13. the entrance.

No comments: