Saturday, November 13, 2010

Have a nice weekend, Wooloomooloo, The One, TST, HK

Met a friend from the States today over lunch. Found out a coincidence about this shopping mall The One. At first, I thought of bringing her to a place which we could have a panoramic view of HK, and there we came to this steak house Wooloomooloo. Then we chatted on the last time she was in HK, getting seriously sick after a long haul flight in 2003. I brought her to a clinic of Tung Ying Mansion (where exactly this mall is now). So 7 years later, I brought her back to the same location but this time a relaxing lunch. What's more, we both at the same noticed "beef burguignon" on the menu and thought of the Meryl Streep's movie "Julia vs Julia". That's really warm. Most of all, this place made this one perfect - tender, aromatic but not in thick heavy gravy. Finished the meal with a creme brulee and a good coffee. Gorgeous view in such a sunny warm weather. Have a nice weekend!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boeuf bourguignon at the One?

in the sea said...

What I like this place is the high ceiling besides the high floor on 21st floor (I think it's more than 60 floors for residential building).

Thailand Club said...

from the pic the sauce of this boeuf bourguignon is quite light, aromatic! good hints of red burgundy?

in the sea said...

Yes, TC, it's not in a heavy gravy. When I first noticed this one on the menu, same as my friend, we immediately wanna try it. I also explained to her, like what you and I share on the Chinese cooking and French cooking. They are quite similar in certain ways. Like this one, we also have the Chinese cooking.